so, i get to look at this poster every day, while i’m waiting for the train to come and take me home, and i just gotta say that this man is B-E-A-UTIFUL! for reals! he looks like if jesus came back and decided to model for GAP adds! looking at him makes waiting for the L a little nicer :) nah, i’m lying, it makes it waaaaaaay nicer :)
the room is clean and warm. you tell me i don’t care enough, i’m not happy enough, that i don’t put enough effort into this relationship. welp, i hate to be a hard ass but this relationship thing, it goes both ways. its a give and take kind of a thing. i didn’t/don’t tell you about my day cause yours is always worse and more stressful and i didn’t wanna bother you. i stopped inviting you out because the answer’s always no. i stopped going out with you because i hating sitting awkwardly being ignored all night long. i quit voicing my concerns because you constantly interrupt text while i talk to you about them. so, yes, this is partially my fault, there’s no denying that. but there’s no way in hell that you can tell me i don’t care, no way. not after i stress for you, and cram for you, and keep my mouth shut for you. my fingers are cold and my mind is swamped. i’m signing off now cause i’ve said all i can say. goodnight.
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun then sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
i’ve been a little off my game lately, i don’t know why. maybe it has something to do with the weather, it can’t be a full moon issue cause the moon’s only a silver right now…i should be happy. i should be jumping for joy or as happy as a slinky when a flight of stairs appear! but i’m not. i’m blue. even my pictures i took this week are so incredibly off, they don’t look like my pictures! my mind is numb. but then, while i was waiting for my paper to print, i realized that the song “Comptine d’un Autre Été: L’Après Midi” from Amelie was playing over the speakers…that was good…
who all wants to go camping before it gets frigidly cold out?!
10/07/13 this man just came up to me on the street asking if i could buy him a sandwich, I’ve seen him before, multiple times actually. and i usually only ever have my card on me, and barely any money on that! so i usually apologize and shake my head and in response he usually curses under his breath or says something about people getting all high and mighty over buying him some food. i just ignore him. but today he caught me off guard. he approached, asked if i could buy him a sandwich because he hadn’t eaten in two days bla bla bla, and i said i could give him some spare change i had. i usually try to keep change in my pocket so i don’t have to dig around on my purse, but today my change was in my purse. that was my mistake. so i unzipped my backpack, pulled out my purse, and sitting right on top was a five dollar bill surrounded by ones, it was too late. i froze, because i knew he’d seen the money, but then i thought ah, what the hell, i’ll give him a five, no big deal. so i handed it to him and he looked in my purse and said how about those ones? i’m sure the rest is self evident. i don’t know what came over me, normally i can be pretty street smart but today my head hurts and ill i want to do is get to my next class and get home so i can hang out with people i love, or fall asleep…either or will suffice at the moment. most of the time i feel warm inside after helping someone, i feel like my steps are lighter, as well as my heart, i feel like people look at me and know i did something good for someone! but right now i feel heavy and dark, and when i walked away from that encounter i could feel people’s eyes on the back of my neck wondering why i gave into such a man. i say man, not scam because it might not have been a scam, he may have been truly hungry but it was after i gave hime the money, he wasn’t grateful he just mumbled about how i hadn’t given him enough. hadn’t given him enough? i gave him money out of my own purse and not only that, now i don’t have any money for the rest of the week. i feel taken advantage of. and it sucks balls.